Monday, August 1, 2011

UPDATE!!

Quick update.
The last few months have been crazy at our house.
In March we moved to our new apartment that I love so very much. Emory had a rough time adjusting to the move and it took about a month and a half for her to settle down. When we moved she had croup so that made everything much worse. First we move her from everything she has ever known and then she gets super sick for nearly 2 weeks. Jason also lost his job right after we moved. He found another one and started within 3 weeks which was awesome but almost a month without pay put us in a really hard spot as he was the main breadwinner and my paychecks barely covered groceries and 2 tanks of gas. But we made it through.

Christian came for a visit the end of march in the middle of Em being sick, getting settled into the new apartment and Jason job searching it was still a fabulous visit. We went to Wendover for a night, didn't win anything but had a blast.

April things started looking up. Jason went on interviews and was offered each job he interviewed for and he took the one that seemed most stable and provided the best pay without silly incentives. He started his new job the week before Easter and he loves it. Emory also started her new class at school. She moved from structured play which is one on one working on things like 'your turn, my turn', eye contact, sensory things, etc to Play and learn where there are 8 kids and 2 teachers. Its more like preschool, they have free play, do an art project, time to doing gross motor work like walking up stairs and going down slides, they also have a snack and circle. She loves it.She did pick up some frustrating behaviors from class but we have worked those out for the most part.

May was busy since it was the end of Spring semester for me. The end of May I got a new store manager at work and started working more hours. I went from working 10 hours a week to almost 30.

June was busy with Jobie functions. We had installation and then 3 days down in Provo for competitions, meetings and fun. Emory stayed home with Jason and I missed her like crazy. I also started summer semester taking 2 classes. At Emory's last OT visit in June her OT said that she felt Emory didnt' need  OT services anymore and I was upset that we didn't recieve any warning of this. Emory did accomplish the goals we set for her and that makes me happy but what I was upset about is that Emory didn't get the warning she deserves.

July has been equally as crazy. Christian came for a visit and it was a blast. We went up to park city, the aquarium and had lots of late nights. Jason and I have both been busy working. The past 2 weeks we've been without  a sitter so we're working opposite shifts and hardly see eachother. My schoolwork is behind and my house is destroyed but you do what you gotta do.

August is going to bring some great times. We're headed to Vegas for my birthday and will be baby free! We've never had the experience of Vegas being over 21 and without a child. I'm so excited for the time away from Salt Lake. As much as I love this city, it's nice to get away for a few days.


Thats the update for now since I have to study for finals I have on Friday BOOO!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Yay for birthdays, and getaways, and updates =o)