Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh Toddlerdom...

Emory has become quite the handful. She's definitely at toddler and has been testing her boundaries and our nerves. She has learned many new things lately and I can't believe how fast she picks it all up. She learned to climb up into her high chair, we have one that straps to one of our dining chairs so it's not as high of a climb as a normal chair but still a climb. She learned to sign more and that has made for a little less grunting and screaming in our house. We are working on milk now :) She says about 15 words (momma, dadda, cat, that, hi, bye, there you go, peek-a-boo, thank you, and baby) there are a few more that come out in babbles and I'm sure she'll be saying them all the time within days.

When we put her in the car now she will climb up into her carseat and sit down then try to put her arms through the straps and grunt at us to buckle her. Then we get out she tries to unbuckle herself. She's too smart already. We are going to be in trouble with this one LOL. She also loves to dance, its a booty dance where she bends her knees and kind of bounces, it's so cute but again it's trouble if she keeps it up.

We went to the doctor yesterday for her 15 month checkup on her 15 month birthday. Seriously 15 months have gone by ?! She's 18 lbs 10 oz and 29 inches I believe. She's fallen off the chart in her weight and is barely hanging on with her height but she's porportionate and her doctor says she's just petite. She has another ear infection, making 3 in a year and 2 in 3 months. If she keeps this up we may be looking at having tubes in the future. When I was little I was almost to the point of needing tubes and it makes me worry for her. This one came by surprise since she wasn't acting like she normally does when she has one. Last week she developed what we thought was a cold and had a fever of 101 for a day and I wrote it off as her body just trying to fight off the bug. Ever since she's had a hard time going to bed at night and again I wrote it off to the cold and to her getting older and developing a bit of seperation anxiety because once she's asleep she's out for the night. So maybe her ear is why she was having such a hard time. Other than that she's perfectly healthy and a growing girl.

As for me, school is rough. I passed my classes last term and am so stoked for that but this term I have 3 of the most work oriented and time consuming classes that I'll probably ever take, American History, Logic and Critical thinking and Ethics. UGH! I WILL MAKE IT THROUGH THIS TERM is what I have to keep telling myself.

Jason is doing well, he's so ready to be done with school but is worried that he won't find a job once he graduates as we have looked in the paper and nobody is looking for Graphic Designers.But we still have a while to worry about it. We're hoping he'll graduate in June and hopefully the economy will be better by then and if not then he'll go back to school and for business to have another degree to fall back on.

No comments: