Monday, February 1, 2010

A New Year

It's now a month into 2010 and we've been busy, busy.
Christmas came and went and felt like another day of the year to both Jason and I. Emory isn't old enough to understand the excitement of Christmas but it was still fun to shop for her and take her to see Santa. She got great things from Santa :) He gave her a princess couch that folds out into a bed that she LOVES, sippy cups and a fairy bath mat so she could start taking baths in the big tub. Her baby tub was getting to be a hassle so mommy was thankful for the bathmat so she wouldn't be slipping around anymore. He also brought her mega blocks that she loves to dump out and put back in the container over and over. We gave her a few toys and she was a very happy baby. She didn't quite understand the concept of opening the gifts at first but once she figured out there were goodies inside she was all about ripping up the paper. The past couple of years Jason and I haven't been able to exchange gifts with eachother because of finances but this year we finally were and I was so excited to shop for him and have the excitement of what was going to be waiting under the tree for me on Christmas morning. I got him clothes and a movie and he got me new bath towels, a season of my favorite show One Tree Hill :) and wrapped up some clothes I had gotten a little bit before Christmas.

My dad had come over for breakfast on Christmas and it was a nice time. He was decent and loved watching Emory play and be her little self. We went to dinner at Jason's brother, Mike's, house that night. That was also a nice time. Deanna was there too with her kids and it was a nice relaxing day overall.

Christian came to visit the 28-3 and we had some fun times. She is so in love with Emory. While she was here we did some shopping, went down to Temple Square to see the lights ( I may not be LDS but I love Temple Square at Christmas time.) and went to Gardner Village because she had never been there before, it was decorated with creepy looking elves all over, lol they were cute in a creepy way. Emory was sad to see her go and kept going to our extra bedroom and looking in to see if she was there or knocking on the door to see if someone would answer.

Life since then has been nuts. There was installation for jobies on the 15th with rehearsal the day before and I had to get the ceremony typed and ready to go and be in charge of rehearsal. Then there was the first rehearsal and meeting of the term the next week.I have been working a few shifts a week, not as much as at christmas but still enough. I had tons of school work todo since I didn't take time during the 2 week holiday break to catch up and get ahead. This past Saturday was the final day of class and I spent this whole past week doing homework and working. Friday and Saturday all day I did homework. It was rough but I managed to get mostly caught up and everything was in on time for my finals. Phew! I got an A in strategies for success and a C+ in Computer Fundamentals, I'm still waiting on one more grade and this one is the one I'm most nervous about. I poured my heart into my final essay for Written Communications and I hope I get a good grade on it.

Oh about 2 weeks ago the lady from the deaf and blind school came to re-evaluate Emory's eyes and she is right on track and super smart. :) I always love hearing that she's ahead in a few things and that her eyes aren't holding her back since I do worry about that a lot. Her nystagmous has slowed down a ton and a lot of the time I don't even notice it which is a big relief since we didn't know if it would slow down at all 10 months ago.

I'll try to update with pictures once I upload the camera. I haven't uploaded it since her birthday :/ I just keep forgetting so I'll try to get those up and some posted here soon.

No comments: