Today has been an extra bittersweet day for me. Where have the past 11 months gone? I can't believe October is coming to an end and in 25 days my baby will be 1! I want to rewind time and live it all over again. The sleepless nights, the smiles, the giggles, the cries of hunger, pain and just wanting a cuddle with mommy, I would do it all over again in an instant. To live the "firsts" over again, first time meeting my amazing daughter, first diaper change, first feeding, first smile, first giggle, first roll, first time sitting up, first crawl--all those firsts up to and including first steps--which happened today, while I was at work none the less.
I get home from work tonight and Jason informs me that Emory had taken her first step. I was excited, proud and upset all in the same instant. I have been there for all of her firsts and I miss the biggest one. :( I then stood her up and she took 3 steps to me. :D Everything that I had been upset about melted away, I was overcome with pride in my daughter, this little being that I created in 9 short months and am molding her into the person she is going to become. It's so surreal. She came into this world knowing nothing, I loved her from the moment I saw her but it took a long time to realize that she is MY daughter.
Anyway, she is starting to look like a toddler. She looks older everyday and is a spitting image of me as a toddler. I didn't realize until I looked at my scrapbook my mother had made for me. I had to do a double take while looking at my first birthday page. When I look at her all I see is Jason until that day and now I see me and my mother in her which is a bit comforting since I miss my mom dearly and wish she were here everyday to experience this with me, the experience of a lifetime.
So the point of this post was about Em's first steps 10/21/2009. A big first in her life and there are many "firsts" still to come not only for her but mommy and daddy as well.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment