Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

This year has been full of excitement and adventures.

We had some amazing times this year including 2 phoenix trips and a trip to Vegas. We attended a reception for Jasons best friend Andrew and his amazing wife Casey :) Jason's neice Kelly, joined Jobies and I'm so proud of her, we had an awesome time at Rally in Provo with Jobies.

There were some trying times this year as with any other year. We were told to get Emory evaluated for Autism by her pediatrician and my inkling that she was indeed on the spectrum. The evaluation process took months and emotionally wore me down. We had a couple deaths - my grandma and Jason's BIL. Emory got 2 diagnosis' this year-PDD-NOS (autistic disorder) and Achromatopsia (vision impairment). I had trouble with school and transferred to the local community college, it was still stressful since we were going through Emory's evaluation process, the death of Jon and trying to help Deanna and the kids, all while working to make ends meet and tending to my high needs child but I love school and it has moved up on the priority list.

This year I learned that I can't do everything. I need to take a step back and look at how full my plate is before I load more on. My priorities shifted a little bit. Life is too short and I need to put my family first. I only get a short time with them and need to enjoy each and every moment I have.

What does 2011 have in store for us? I dont know but I'm excited to find out. 

In 2011 I will TRY to (and I only say try because everytime I make new years resolutions I fail)
Not stress about money
increase my GPA
keep our house clean as much as our 2 year old will let us :)
make more time for me
make time for Jason and myself
become organized (haha)
Work on learning activities with Emory outside of her EI services
and one that is on at least 80% of lists...get in shape, lose weight...be a heathier me.

No comments: