Writing used to be so easy for me. I could whip out papers left and right at the last minute. Now that I have 4 to write I have no idea what to write any of them on. UGH! We have a writing workshop in class tomorrow morning to get peer responses and such and I have NOTHING to bring with me. :( I guess I could start writing but I don't know what to write about.
Okay, okay I have an idea for two of them. They are reflections- one on an event in the past and one about a picture or object. I chose to write about losing my mom and my honored queen's quilt both things mean a ton to me but I don't know where to start. How can I put my feelings about these things down into 3-5 pages and make it interesting for people to read? why can't this be easy like it used to be? Why did I choose these things in my life to write about? This one I can answer, my memory has been sucking lately and losing my mom sticks fresh in my mind, still 5 years later I can recall everything that happened that day. And my quilt because it a material object that I love and is a happy thing. When thinking about what I wanted to write about I went through some options--a picture of my mom when she was 18, a picture of me holding my daughter for the first time, a picture of Jason holding her for the first time, a picture of my mother and I in san francisco. My quilt wasn't even on the list in the beginning but none of those on my list were quite "good enough". I wanted something that was happy and honestly something that didn't remind me of my mom. I don't want everything I write to be about her. Everytime I write about her for a class it ends up sad and it hurts me to write. So I racked my brian and looked through my book and there was a piece in there about a quilt that this lady had found at a flea market and my HQ quilt came to mind. HEY! I can write about that and maybe while writing can educate people about the beauty of Job's Daughters and all the work that was done for me to earn my quilt. All the thought and love that went into making it. I don't even know where to begin with that paper and the one about my mom breaks my heart all over again.
The other 2 papers are analysis papers we can analyze a picture, some poetry or song lyrics, a blog post or news article but really after hours of searching I haven't found anything that sticks out for me to analyze. I also waited until the last minute like usual. But with a sleeping toddler by my side I'll write and have something to take to class with me tomorrow.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Write about Em :)
I love you..
Post a Comment